From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Imagemagick downgrade?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:17:03
1 On Sunday, 10 November 2019 13:49:32 GMT Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 10/11/2019 14:51, Mick wrote:
3 > > Having re-synced portage it now asks me to keyword media-gfx/
4 > > inkscape-1.0_beta1 and once I do, portage wants to downgrade media-gfx/
5 > > imagemagick from the installed 7.0.8.67 to 6.9.10.67.
6 > >
7 > > I'm not sure why imagemagick is asking to be downgraded, or for that
8 > > matter
9 >
10 > > why inkscape should be keyworded:
11 > inkscape-1.0_beta is in testing (~arch) so if your gentoo install is not
12 > ~arch, then you need to keyword it.
13 >
14 > Also, it depends on:
15 >
16 > <media-gfx/imagemagick-7
17 >
18 > that is, a version lower then 7. That's why you need to downgrade to
19 > imagemagick 6.
20
21 Thanks Nikos, I am still confused if the tail is wagging the dog with this
22 one. It is a stable arch, so inkscape should stay stable and not asking me to
23 keyword it, especially as its reverse dependency is stable at a higher
24 version. Consequently, imagemagick would stay at the latest stable version
25 too.
26
27 Anyway, I removed imagemagick from the world file and now portage is no longer
28 asking for either inkscape or imagemagick to be emerged.
31 Regards,
32
33 Mick