From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to tell what the current AMD microcode level is?
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 22:39:45
1 Well, I managed to get my hands on a Ryzen 3950x.
2
3 I figured I should be updating the microcode... so I set up early
4 updating but it isn't doing anything.
5
6 dmesg is listing what the current microcode level is. The problem is, I
7 can't find anywhere that lists what the current (or latest) microcode
8 version is supposed to be in linux-firmware.
9
10 This processor is so new that it's possible that there are no updates
11 for it but I'd like to make sure.
12
13 I've tried the early microcode update process on my Intel laptop and it
14 works, so all I can think of is there are no microcode updates.
15
16 Does anyone know of a list of microcode versions?
17
18 Dan