From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT 4port ether on gentoo?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:47:25
1 On Friday 26 August 2005 17:59, James wrote:
2 > I'm looking for a 4 port (10/100) ethernet pci_buss card that
3 > works with gentoo. Inexpensive is best. Any recommendation
4 > of manufacture, and a good (us) vendor of these cards would be
5 > cool.
6
7 Intel also do 2 and 4 port cards, d-link also do a 4 port card.
8 All of which should simply appear to the system as individual network
9 interfaces, and most are generally just multiple instances of normal well
10 supported nics. The 2 port intels and 4 port d-links I've used certainly
11 were, and worked just like 2 or 4 separate cards.
12
13 Froogle for quad port network cards.
16 Mike Williams
17 --