From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Locking down a user with a shell account and SSH access
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 23:34:24
1 On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 16:24:29 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > My backup user needs a shell on the backup server in order to execute
4 > rsync and needs to be included in /etc/ssh/sshd_config AllowUsers in
5 > order to SSH in. My authorized_keys file is locked-down. The second
6 > field for the user in /etc/shadow is an exclamation point which I
7 > think means the user can not log in with a password. Should I take
8 > any additional steps to prevent that user from logging in and not
9 > being subject to the authorized_keys restrictions?
10
11 What about "PasswordAuthentication no"?
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Every time I jump on the bandwagon all its wheels fall off.