From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using Yahoo as Postfix relay? (Name service error for name=smtp1.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com type=MX: Malformed name server reply)
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:59:07
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using Yahoo as Postfix relay? (Name service error for name=smtp1.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com type=MX: Malformed name server reply) by Stroller
1 Stroller wrote:
2
3 >> Did you authenticate propery @smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk ?
4 >
5 > I believe so. There's nothing in the logs to indicate that I haven't,
6 > and the user:pass in /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd is correct,
9 In my case I noticed that sasl auth on relay doesn't seem to work unless
10 I set the following in main.cf
11
12 smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
13 smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
14 smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
15 smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
16 broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
17
18 it's the smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes line that is the most important.
19
20 kashani
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list