From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [HEADSUP] New udev-186 breaks pulseaudio
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:05:14
1 udev-186 replaces libudev.so.0 with libudev.so.1, and pulseaudio
2 won't compile against it. If you need pulse, avoid udev-186.
3
4 I backed down to udev-182-r3, which fixed the problem, but I had
5 to run revdep-rebuild (again) to fix all the other packages that
6 did build against libudev.so.1 and now had to be rebuilt a second
7 time against libudev.so.0.
8
9 Also, even udev-182 did some breakage to the udev scripts installed
10 by hplip, but that's easy to fix. Apparently the recent udev has
11 replaced the SYSFS keyword with ATTR.
12
13 This simple fix I found with google seems to work for me:
14
15 #cd /lib64/udev/rules.d
16 #sed -i s/SYSFS/ATTR/g *
17
18 Doesn't it seem that breakage this big should be obvious to the
19 devs before the changes go public, even on ~arch? Hrmph!