From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New Hardware...
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 02:01:26
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm gearing up for a new hardware purchase and I find that I need a little
4 help figuring out "what is" and "what isn't" linux compatible.
5
6 The days of pci, agp video and socket A hardware are slowly coming to a close
7 and I'm itching to try something new.
8
9 Does anyone here run any cutting edge hardware, like socket am2 motherboards
10 and pci-e video cards?
11
12 Sounds dumb, but I've no hands on experience with the new stuff and would love
13 to hear from those with first hand knowledge. In particular, what hardware
14 are you using and how does it work on your desktop? Any driver issues with
15 xorg-x11, etc.?
16
17 My goal is to build a desktop, taking full advantage of the current available
18 video hardware... maybe even use xgl on it too.
19
20 Anything would be welcomed. Feel free to email me off list if you desire.
21
22 Thanks, Jerry....
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list