From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: portage-utils not updating...
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:35:02
1 On 08-Jun-12 18:38, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 >> I just noticed there is new stable portage-utils ebuild
3 >> (for amd64) but my system does not want to update it
4 >
5 > Is it in your world file? If not, either add it, or add
6 > "--with-bdeps=y" in the emerge command.
7
8 This solves the issue, but it is strange: portage-utils are
9 not in my world file, so why are they installed? I suppose
10 this ebuild was maybe included in "system" at the time of
11 installation and later removed. But if it is so, why is
12 this "orphaned package" not uninstalled whenever I run
13 "emerge --depclean"?
14
15 Jarry
16 --
18 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
19 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.