From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] progress in emerge --sync
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:03:32
1 Beau E. Cox schreef:
2 > Hi -
3 >
4 > I notice that the rsync command generated by emerge --sync contains
5 > the --progress flag. I run emerge --sync as a cron job ang log the
6 > output; the progress goo messes up my logs.
7 >
8 > I can't find any mention of a 'progress' (or a 'noprogress') flag in
9 > the emerge man page. Is there a way to get rid of --progress that I
10 > can't find?
11 >
12 > This is picky-picky and really not important, it's just that I tend
13 > to be that way some times...no big deal...just wondering. :)
16 Myself, I used to mail myself the output of esync, and now I mail myself
17 the output of eix-sync, so I don't have so much experience with using
18 emerge --sync in a cron job, but this looks like it might be what you're
19 looking for:
22 --nospinner
23 Disables the spinner for the session. The spinner is
24 active when the terminal device is determined to be a TTY. This flag
25 disables it regardless.
26
27 You might also be interested in:
28
29 --quiet (-q)
30 Results may vary, but the general outcome is a reduced or
31 condensed output from portage's displays.
32
33 Hope this helps,
34 Holly
35 --