From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 2.2
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:59:58
1 On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:46:59PM +0200, Penguin Lover Alan McKinnon squawked:
2 > @set1+@set2/@set3 reduces to:
3 >
4 > all the elements of set1 and set2 without the elements that are in set3
5 > (/ is difference).
6 >
7
8 Speaking as a mathematician (and A. Gottlieb will agree with me), I
9 would be rather annoyed that they chose (if this is not a misquote
10 from the original proposed documentation) to use '/' for set
11 difference instead of '\' as it is supposed to be.
12
13 Humph.
14
15 W
16
17
18 --
19 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
20 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton