From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WinXP under VMWare: no sound
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:12:09
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:31:20 +0100 Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
4 wrote:
5
6 > [sp ~]$ aoss vmware &
7 > [2] 5598
8 > [sp ~]$ ERROR: ld.so: object 'libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
9 > preloaded: ignored.
10
11 What are the permissions on *this* one (aoss32 seems not to be for you,
12 so /emul/linux/... isn't relevant), i.e. /usr/lib/libaoss.so (and the
13 file it points to in case it's a symlink)?
14
15 You answered my last question about why you are mocking with "chmod +s"
16 with something along the lines of "I felt like I had to". What makes
17 you think you have to? Why should those libraries be set with setuid?
18
19 -hwh
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list