From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going ~x86?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:12:10
1 Roy Wright schrieb:
2
3 > Also keep in mind that it's the ebuild that is "untested". The package
4 > is usually what upstream has released as stable.
5
6 I haven't yet looked at it that way, good point.
7
8 > My advice is if you are willing to upgrade at least weekly then go
9 > "untested", if you are willing to upgrade at least monthly, then go
10 > "stable", else really be willing to work thru some hard upgrade scenarios.
11
12 Hmm, and this now as I just got somehow happy with my strange mixture of
13 stable and unstable ;-)
14
15 I am now looking at some
16
17 # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge -avuDN world
18
19 ;-)
20
21 Thanks, greetings, Stefan