From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LTSP vs. Diskless Nodes
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:03:27
1 Thank you both Bob and Uwe that gives me something to think about.
2
3 Uve I am from South Africa. Summer is going to be a scortcher I am fearing
4 December January.
5
6 Back on topic, I am helping out my old High School and they are wanting to
7 setup thin clients in all the class rooms for the teachers. There is an
8 existing thin client setup there now but the clients tend to hang on a
9 regular basis. I suspect it is due to NFS because at times you get the
10 connection error message until it resumes the connection. Either way they
11 have tasked me to replace it or fix it, personally I would prefer to replace
12 it such that I can standardise it with the other linux machines.
13
14 So hence why I was looking at both LTSP and diskless nodes offerings.
17 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
18 you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". - Linus