From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] thinkorswim stock trading platform
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:18:00
1 Hi,
2 I don't know if anyone else out there is a stock trader but I was
3 at a weekend options trading presentation by thinkorswim and (GASP)
4 the support Linux! (APPLAUSE!) For this reason alone I'd really like
5 to give them some money and start supporting them.
6
7 http://www.thinkorswim.com
8
9 Anyway, I've downloaded their trading platform and tried installing
10 it but it seems I don't have exactly the correct libraries.
11
12 Is there a way for me to try and fix up this machine so that it has
13 a better chance of running? I'm not sure how I determine what to
14 emerge to take care of the problems below.
15
16 I'm pretty sure I'll need sun-java but I'll do that after I
17 undertand this library issue a bit better.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Mark
21
22 mark@dragonfly ~/Desktop $ sh ./thinkorswim_installer.bin
23 Preparing to install...
24 Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
25 Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
26 awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
27 shared object file: No such file or directory
28 dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
29 shared object file: No such file or directory
30 /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
31 shared object file: No such file or directory
32 basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
33 shared object file: No such file or directory
34 dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
35 shared object file: No such file or directory
36 basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
37 shared object file: No such file or directory
38 hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
39 shared object file: No such file or directory
40
41 Launching installer...
42
43 grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
44 shared object file: No such file or directory
45 /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared
46 libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
47 file or directory
48 mark@dragonfly ~/Desktop $
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list