From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo difficulties
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:20:12
1 > > I've added the following to the bottom of my sudo file using 'visudo'
2 > > and there are no complaints of bad syntax, but grant still can't shut down the system:
3 > >
4 > > grant system4 = /sbin/shutdown -h now
5 > >
6 > > What am I missing?
9 > > - Grant
10 >
11 > First try to edit one of the examples and see if that works. For example try this one:
12 >
13 > %users localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now
14 >
15 > Replace %users with the group for grant.
16 >
17 > Jim
18
19 I actually tried that first and when that failed I tried something
20 like that specified here:
21
22 www.gentoo.org/doc/en/sudo-guide.xml
23
24 Either way I get:
25
26 grant@system4 ~ $ /sbin/shutdown -h now
27 shutdown: you must be root to do that!
28
29 - Grant
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list