From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adobe Air and TweetDeck
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:05:25
1 On Thursday 16 April 2009 03:00:59 Drew Tomlinson wrote:
2 > Has anyone had luck installing Adobe Air and TweetDeck on Gentoo? I
3 > followed
4 > http://www.flashinthepan.ca/computer-tips/linux-computer-tips/adobe-air-on-
5 >gentoo-linux to get the SDK installed and attempted to run TweetDeck 0.25.
6 > It starts but I get a lot of errors. Has anyone had luck getting this
7 > working?
8
9 never heard of the product, but:
10
11 > # /opt/AIR-SDK/bin/adl
12 > /opt/AIR-apps/TweetDeck/META-INF/AIR/application.xml
13 > /opt/AIR-apps/TweetDeck Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad":
14 > libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
15 > directory
16 > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so:
17 > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
18 > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
19 > libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
20 > or directory
21 > I/O warning : failed to load external entity
22 > "/etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt//config.xml"
23 > Unable to parse Document: /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt//config.xml.
24 > libgnome-keyring.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
25
26 It's obviously complaining about missing libraries. Do these files exist
27 anywhere on your machine?
28
29 You may have to add entries to /etc/env.d and run env-update.
30 Looks like a classic case of Adobe *nix-cluelessness
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com