From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: some keyboard lag
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:05:43
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists <at> xunil.at> writes:
4 > "interesting" issue on my desktop machine:
5 > when booted with gentoo the keyboard seems to fall "asleep" in a way
6 >
7 > It happens repeatedly that the first key pressed does not get detected,
8 > only the second.
9
10 I have always used a "double tap' on the space bar to wake machines.
13 > if I keep typing it keeps working ... and this is *not* in Gnome alone
14 > but on the plain console as well.
15 > The same hardware booted with Fedora: no issues.
16 > Does anyone have an idea about that?
19 I can confirm your experience. It seems to be getting worse and I run lxde
20 for a minimized desktop. I recently have explore ways to manually flush
21 the cache and memory. It helps, but sometimes I have to reboot the machine.
22 I am not sure what is at the root of this "deep sleep" on my gentoo machine
23 either. I suspect the kernel, but it's only a guess. There is lots to
24 tune these days, if you have time to read upon things.....
27 hth,
28 James