From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sendmail configuration
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 05:01:40
1 On 11/25/20 9:09 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Ah, that's another devine mystery. I believe that the small size of
3 > a sendmail config file, when compared to the number of malfunctions
4 > it can create violates several basic tenants of information theory. I
5 > think the explanation involves extra dimensions that normal software
6 > can't access.
7
8 That's because the sendmail.mc file is not a configuration file in the
9 normal sense of the word. It is a collection of macros that are then
10 expanded into the configuration file.
11
12 There are many subtle inter dependencies that are not obvious.
13
14 Many are documented in the cf/README file in the sendmail source bundle.
15 Not all distros include said file.
20 Grant. . . .
21 unix || die