From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local overlay problem
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:42:50
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:07:24 +0100, Michael Hampicke wrote:
3 >
4 >> What about not using the local overlay and simply do emerge --nodeps
5 >> firefox and see what happens? I know, crude.... but simple :)
6 >
7 > Because every emerge @world will want to install ALSA.
8 >
9 > <<<SNIP>>>
12 Don't add it to the world file then, just upgrade it manually each
13 time. Maybe at some point, there will be a way to install it the way
14 the OP wants it, no sound.
15
16 I wonder if a bug report would help on this?
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
24 how you interpreted my words!