From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Huh? Can't find a KDE volume control
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:15:52
1 On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Okay, it's early and I'm feeling stupid. But with all the KDE packages,
6 > I
7 > > can't find one that actually controls the sound volume.
8 > > Usually, I like to have the sound on but when I'm playing games it's
9 > > sometimes just too much noise.
10 > >
11 > > I've looked in the KDE control center, and can't find anything that does
12 > the
13 > > job. Presumably I haven't emerged the crucial
14 > > thing. I do have arts emerged, and in my USE flags, or my KDE games
15 > would
16 > > be mute.
17 > >
18 > > What do you all like to use?
19 > >
20 > > --
21 > > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
24 > Try kmix. You emerge it separately. Then just lunch it and you're set.
25 >
26 > Regards
27 > Dirk
30 Okay, thanks . But I just did that and it has no discernable effect on the
31 game sounds from, for instance,
32 konquest or kmahjongg.
33
34 For that matter, neither does setting the Master control to zero on
35 alsamixer.
36
37 There must be something else I don't understand. (there's always
38 something!)
39
40 ++ kevin
44 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD