From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Block root user from login on xorg GUI
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:07:03
1 On Sunday 15 November 2009 10:52:51 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 05:15:43 +0000, Stroller wrote:
3 > > > So when he fucks things up good royal and proper, will he gladly
4 > > > accept his
5 > > > shafting and pay you more to undo it? Or will he do the usual
6 > > > customer stunt
7 > > > and blame you?
8 > >
9 > > My typical experience is that the customer will take it completely on
10 > > the chin and pay me to fix the problems. That doesn't make foul-ups
11 > > due to such unnecessary meddling any less frustrating, though.
12 >
13 > Why not use sudo to give the customer's account almost full root access?
14 > Not only does this allow you to restrict which damaging commands he can
15 > run but sudo logs each command it runs, so you have CYA insurance.
16
17 Double CYA insurance:
18
19 Send all logs to a remote syslog server. The user with sudo permissions can
20 still disable logging, but you have untouchable evidence that he did :-)
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com