From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] amd64 install: bootstrap failed
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:12:09
1 Hello,
2
3 Previously I had a long thread going about resizing an NTFS partition.
4 Without success, I decide to just reformate and leave a 30 gig NTFS
5 partition at the beginning of the drive. I'll worry about XP later.
8 I started (this) new thread about debugging the amd64 installation(my first).
9 I just used the amd64(experimential) livecd to attempt an installation.
10
11 I went throught the menu and all seemed fine.
12
13 Here's where it failed:
14 <snip>
15 Make.conf configured
16 Chroot environment ready.
17 Portage tree sync'd
18 MARK
19 Stating bootstrap.
20 Exception received during 'Performing bootstrap: Stage 1ERror: FATAL: stage1:
21 Boostrapping failed!
22 Traceback
23 File "opt/installer/GLIClient Controller.py" line 165 in run self_install_steps
24 File "/opt/installer/GLIArchitetureTemplate.py" line 224, in stage1
25
26 I guess I know why the livedCD for amd64 is under experimental?
29 Should I just follow the instructions, the old fashion way, in the Gentoo
30 Handbook for amd64 or is a an installation(menu) system that works?
31
32 The only place I really had a question was when the installation CD asked
33 for the URl of the stage one tarball. I gave it:
34 http://gentoo.mirrors.pair.com/experimental/amd64/vserver/
35 stage1-amd64-20060317.tar.bz2
36
37 Any better/more_current stage 1 tarballs to use?
38
39 Should I have chosen another option other than the stage1 tarball?
42 James
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list