From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Six non-Gentoo installs
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:37:57
1 On 2014-10-15, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Grant Edwards
3 ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On 2014-10-15, Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> The main problem (imnho) is that you think CentOS cares about
7 >>> configurability/multiple ways of doing things.
8 >>
9 >> Oh, I don't think that -- it's pretty obvious that in the RedHat
10 >> world, choice is not an option. It's one prix fixe menu, and you can
11 >> either eat what's set in front of you or go hungry.
12 >
13 > I can see the potential benefits of that. It sounds a bit like the
14 > whole convention over configuration approach. As long as the
15 > convention works, it does greatly simplify things.
16
17 The main benefit is it makes the support scripts far simpler to write.
18 The sooner you can get to "I'm sorry, that's not supported", the
19 sooner you can hang up and "handle" the next customer.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Did you move a lot of
23 at KOREAN STEAK KNIVES this
24 gmail.com trip, Dingy?