From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] necessary use flgas
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 02:16:52
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 25/06/2015 10:27, Dale wrote:
5 >> Do we even have a clue how many puters Google has now? I read several
6 >> years ago it was like 10,000 or so. No telling what they have now. o_O
7 > Around 2006, it was at least 100,000
8 >
9 > You are out by an order of magnitude :-)
10 >
11 > I would not be surprised if today Google had 5 million custom-built
12 > stripped-down motherboards in production. Google long ago moved past the
13 > idea of "having individual computers". By all accounts they have many
14 > large systems, and those systems are made up of lots of small parts -
15 > each part being a thing with CPU/RAM/disks and whatever.
20 I bet that with the volume they buy, they can have their mobos custom
21 made. I need to google and see if I can even find a picture of what
22 they use now. I'm curious.
23
24 Dale
25