From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing kernel modules
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 13:40:24
1 On 5/2/20 9:19 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Afternoon all,
3 >
4 > Is there a straightforward way of listing kernel modules that exist but
5 > haven't been loaded? I'm sure I have quite a number that I don't need, and I'd
6 > like to remove them from the kernel config.
7 How about just grepping for them under /lib/modules/version?  In my case
8 it would be *.ko.xz.  Note that won't tell you about anything built in
9 to the kernal you might want to remove.  Otherwise, it's just a slow
10 slog through make xconfig or make menuconfig. I suppose you could also
11 grep through the kernel's .config file (or /proc/sys/config.gz) for
12 "=m".  In both cases, you probably still need to search to figure out
13 where in the configuration that gets set.