From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/ missing
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 20:00:21
1 On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Robin Atwood <robin@×××××.org> wrote:
2 > I just logged off KF5 after an extensive update and XDM would not restart, I
3 > got a message about /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/ did not exist (which it
4 > doesn't). The /sys/fs/cgroup/ directory is there, it's the "unified"
5 > sub-directory that's missing. I have not rebooted for a long time so I did
6 > that and still got the messages. Fortunately the system still comes up. I
7 > must have missed a config update somewhere I guess but I cannot find any
8 > useful hits when I search. Any idea what I am missing?
9
10 Regarding the cgroup message: Are you running OpenRC or systemd?
11
12 OpenRC only gained support for the "unified" cgroup hierarchy within
13 the last week or so in version 0.31.
14
15 systemd has supported it for at least a year.
16
17 I'm doubtful it has anything to do with XDM failing to start, however.