From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:47:52
1 On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:55 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Jan 27, 2012 11:18 PM, "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
7 > ---- >8 snippage
10 >> BTW, the Baidu spider hits my site more than all of the others combined...
13 > Somewhat anecdotal, and definitely veering way off-topic, but Baidu was the
14 > reason why my company decided to change our webhosting company: Its
15 > spidering brought our previous webhosting to its knees...
16 >
17 > Rgds,
18
19 I wonder if Baidu crawler honors the Crawl-delay directive in robots.txt?
20
21 Or I wonder if Baidu cralwer IPs need to be covered by firewall tarpit rules. ;)