From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can emerge play a sound on either a successful/unsuccessful build?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:57:35
1 On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:17:33 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > I actually have it send an alert to my phone with
4 > Posterous but you can
5 > > do whatever you want.
6 >
7 > Which "Posterous" is this?
8 > When I google it, I only get information that it actually got
9 > shut down after being bought by Twitter.
10
11 Sorry, brain fade. I meant Pushover - https://pushover.net - I did use
12 Posterous before it got shut down, but that was for something completely
13 different.
14
15 > I am looking for a cheap method to get notifications to my
16 > mobile phone. I used to use a free SMS service via a
17 > company in SA.
18
19 This may do the job for you. I used to use NotifyMyAndroid but Pushover
20 is faster (NMA sometimes had delays) and is a one-off cost of $5.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Tagline stealing is the sincerest form of flattery.