From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No 'libs' in world file?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 13:38:19
1 On 3/2/2015 6:04 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:14:54 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
3
4 >>> You've been on the list long enough to know how well top-posting is
5 >>> received.
6 >>
7 >> Yes, and you've been around the internet long enough to know that there
8 >> are always exceptoions to the rules.
9 >>
10 >> Sending a general 'Thanks', without any follow-ups requested or needed,
11 >> is one of those - at least imnsho... ;)
12
13 > I'd say it was not only not an exception to that rule, it is also not an
14 > exception to the rule of not excessively quoting. If you only want to say
15 > thanks, why quote anything?
16
17 Context...
18
19 Someone encountering the thread will see the result, ie, why I am
20 thanking them.
21
22 I think it is silly to argue about this, so I'll leave it at that... if
23 you disagree, no worries, it is a free internet (for now)...