From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freezing on Mounting Local Filesystems
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:31:14
1 Jason Weisberger wrote:
2 > Odd problem.... it seems as if almost completely at random, my
3 > boot process will stop at Mounting Local Filesystems...... for no
4 > reason. It will freeze there until you restart the computer. If
5 > I boot a Live CD and mount the volume or run an fsck.ext3 on it
6 > (which always comes back clean), the next time I try to boot to
7 > it, it'll be fine.
8
9 Try marking the affected partition as ext2 instead of ext3
10 in /etc/fstab, so the journal does not get used, and see if the
11 problem still occurs. If not, you've found a bug in ext3.
12
13 Benno
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list