From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] howto make github look nice
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 00:57:25
1 On 05/18/2015 05:47 PM, James wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > One of the things I find ugly about github is the first appearance
5 > of the main (base) page of a given project. One thing I really like about
6 > sourceforge is how some projects look much more professional. I do not need
7 > (nor want) a lecture on why this is. I only want solutions or ideas of how
8 > to create a github base page that looks much more (www) presentable like
9 > this sourceforge page:
10 >
11 > http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/
12
13 Sourceforge allows you to ftp/scp html pages to a directory which you
14 have access to and this is the page that <project>.sf.net points to.
15 From what I remember they even have access to PHP, and maybe even a
16 database.
17
18 > So ideas on how to do this are most appreciated; or facts as to why
19 > it is not possible with github..... Also notice in the 'menu bar' the
20 > [GIT] functionality built in. Slick. Really slick and this is how I want
21 > my pages to look, as soon as I become brave enough to start moving codes
22 > from my workstations (ugly; no gui) to the larger world for folks to
23 > start playing with some codes and overlays.
24
25 Presumably github has something similar, perhaps googling will help you
26 out. Heck, maybe it's even done through your git repo. Or maybe post to
27 a github list?
28
29 FWIW, I googled 'github pages' and got a bunch of interesting results.
30
31 Dan