From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a good replacement for XFCE?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 14:10:32
1 On 2016-09-25, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 25 Sep 2016 10:24:24 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 >> I think it's what I would love for KDE to have as well.
5 >> I have a desktop with 2 displays connected.
6 >>
7 >> I also have a few virtual desktops.
8 >>
9 >> I would like each display to have a seperate set of virtual displays. This
10 >> woulx allow me to switch 1 display to a different desktop while keeping the
11 >> other display unchanged.
12 >
13 > This may not suit the OPs requirements, but you can achieve what you want with
14 > enlightenment (i'm currently running 0.20.6), which has separate and
15 > independent virtual desktops on each display.
16
17 Last night I tried to switch to a single-screen/three-monitor setup
18 using xrandr, and it wouldn't work -- my nvidia card apparently can't
19 drive two 1600x1200 monitors that way, it can only do it as separate
20 screens. Or maybe I need a newer nvidia driver (the nvidia card is
21 pretty old and isn't supported by the latest drivers).
22
23 If I could run single-screen, and still have separate desktops on each
24 monitor, that would be fine.
27 Grant