From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive screws
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 09:50:21
1 On 7 June 2020 09:41:16 CEST, antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On 06/06/2020 20:14, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> One of my old cases had plastic strips with little sticks on them
4 >that would fit into the screwholes. Those strips would then slot into
5 >the mounting points for the disks.
6 >>
7 >> No messing around with screws and really easy to swap drives. They
8 >would be perfectly mounted as well.
9 >>
10 >> Too bad I don't see the same with most other cases.
11 >
12 >I remember that. Compaqs with 75 MEGA Hz cpu's iirc.
13 >
14 >Cheers,
15 >Wol
16
17 Not just Compaq. I think mine was a coolermaster case at the time.
18
19 Toolless hotswap is a useful feature when regularly swapping drives.
22 Joost
23 --
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.