From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Winter clock change did not happen
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:14:57
1 On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 05:24:23PM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > Thank you Graham for your very detailed reply! I understand now why the
3 > problem exists. I have used the registry change suggested by Nuno on Win7 and
4 > will see what gives next time DST changes. I just hope that it'll work
5 > without having *both* OS shifting the clock by one hour ...
6 >
7 > The more I read this page[1] the more I am tempted to format MSWindows out of
8 > this box whether the warranty is still valid or not!
9 >
10 > [1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/mswish/ut-rtc.html
11
12 Or just cheat like I do. I set Windows to GMT with no daylight saving
13 offset, so it won't be tempted into playing with my system clock.
14 Gentoo thinks CLOCK="UTC". I don't boot into Windows often enough to
15 care about the clock being off by an hour during the summer (or
16 roughly 5 hours year-round when I move back to the States). Having
17 long accepted that Operating System is broken, when should I demand it
18 to keep the right time? ;)
19
20 Just my two pence
21
22 W
25 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
26 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
27 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton