From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hardware Support for Netbook
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:25:27
1 Aaron Bauman writes:
2
3 > I bought a new Toshiba T215D-S1150 with a AMD Athlon II Neo
4 > Processor. I am currently having issues with the livecd not booting.
5 > Everything seems to get stuck on an NeT RPC error while the kernel is
6 > booting. I was able to successfully install Ubuntu (Netbook Remix and
7 > 10.x). From there I was able to chroot and install Gentoo. Upon
8 > reboot I was not able to boot the kernel yet again. I have chrooted
9 > back in several times and still have failed to find the proper kernel
10 > version or configuration that will boot my system. Any support or help
11 > would be greatly appreciated.
12
13 The just use the Ubuntu kernel: Boot Ubuntu again, and get its kernel
14 .config from /proc/config.gz like this:
15
16 cd /mnt/gentoo/usr/src/linux
17 zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
18 make oldconfig
19
20 Modify as you like and build the kernel again.
21
22 Wonko