From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Problem with the graphic card
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:02:16
1 Thank you all. I think I'll wait, however, do you think that that is the problem that cause
2
3 glxinfo | grep renderer
4 direct rendering: Yes
5 OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
6
7 On my ubuntu machine, I get :
8 direct rendering: Yes
9 OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965Q GEM 20090326 2009Q1 RC2 x86/MMX/SSE2
10
11 That diference definately explains poorer 3D performance in gentoo compared to ubuntu. IIRC GEM is a very new feature in the 2.6.29?? kernel, so at a minimum you'll need to enable it in your kernel, to be able to use that feature. There may be other things you need as well....
12
13 You'll probably want to run the very latest version of the intel driver, to try it, add the following to /etc/portage/package.keyword;
14 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel ~x86
15 if you're running 32 bit or
16 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel ~amd64
17 if you're running 64 bit, then emerge it again
18
19 Have you read http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Intel_GMA? Should be better info in there