From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to enable NFS v2
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:30:06
1 On 2022.07.23 01:25, Fabulous Zhang Zheng wrote:
2 > Dear genteel users,
5 > Recently I'm trying to run Open Genera on Gentoo, which requires the
6 > old
7 > NFS v2 protocol for communication.
8 >
9 > I successfully run it on a Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine, which
10 > enables it
11 > by default.
12 >
13 > In 5.18.12 it seems deprecated and not supported, am I supposed to
14 > revert
15 > back to a kernel version before its removal, or manually patch it
16 > into the
17 > current kernel ? Or there might be some more elegant methods ?
18 >
19 > It will be much appreciated if anyone could help :)
20 >
21 Looking at the config for 5.18.14, I see no evidence V2 has been
22 deprecated. However, your kernel may well have been configured to not
23 use V2. Note the kernel has different client and server settings for
24 this. Most likely, you just need to reconfigure and recompile your
25 kernel.
26
27 Also, I don't see any genera available in portage. If it is in an
28 overlay, I would check for any documentation in the overlay about
29 necessary kernel configuration.
30
31 Jack