From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended pseudo-hardware for QEMU guest machine?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 22:48:47
1 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > > I'm using a gtk window and not spice or vnc because this gives me
4 > > the best performance. And I'm using vmware as VGA card emulation
5 > > because it gives me the highest resolution (2368x1770).
6 > >
7 > > Performance is not super snappy but it's good enough for regular use
8 > > like browsing the net and so on.
9 >
10 > I intend to use it mostly for distcc. I still have an ancient OS/2
11 > machine with Galactic Civilizations on it. Since I still have the CD
12 > images, I'll also try to get that going in QEMU one of these days.
13 > My LCD is 1920x1080, so performance is more important than humoungous
14 > display size.
15
16 On my system only vmware VGA is able to provide a resolution as high as
17 or higher than 1920x1080. Performance of vmware VGA is also better then
18 the other (std, cirrus) emulations.
19
20 But it could be that this depends on the guest OS.
23 Regards
24 wabe