From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] @preserved-rebuild
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:44:56
1 On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > I keep getting this mesaage on one particulary system:
6 >
7 > existing preserved libs:
8 > package: sys-libs/readline-6.0_p3
9 > * - /lib64/libreadline.so
10 > * - /lib64/libreadline.so.5
11 > * - /lib64/libreadline.so.5.2
12 > * used by /usr/bin/calgebra (kde-base/kalgebra-4.2.4)
15 > So I've rebuilt kalgegra, readline and revdep-rebuild comes
16 > up clean. I ran 'emerge @preserved-rebuild' numerous times
17 > and still I get this error message.
20 > Ideas on cleaning this up?
21 >
22 > It just happens on one system out of a dozen/plus gentoo
23 > boxes I manage......
24
25 Rather than rebuilding kalgebra, unmerge it completely then emerge it
26 again. It might be a problem with the emerge process for that package
27 not using the latest version for some reason, so it is rebuilding
28 against the old libs (which therefore remain preserved).