From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] £ sign in OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:58:35
1 Am Dienstag, 17. August 2010 schrieb Mick:
2
3 > > > > I am puzzled by this problem. One box of mine seems to be unable to
4 > > > > show the GBP sign in OpenOffice. In any OOo application it shows a
5 > > > > capital A with umlauts and then shows the £ sign.
6 > > > >
7 > > > > In the OOo Language Settings I have selected as Default Currency "GBP
8 > > > > £ English (UK)" just as I have on two other boxen, which work fine.
9 > > > >
10 > > > > The locales are the same LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" on all of them.
11 > > >
12 > > > Different font sets installed?
13
14 Seeing a character as Ä or à and someting looks more like an encoding problem,
15 because usually à and something is unicode interpreted as single-byte.
16
17 > > > I don't use OO so I cannot speak to it's internal settings.
18 > > >
19 > > > Good luck,
20 > > > Mark
21 > >
22 > > I looked at this box again and it transpires that it also has this
23 > > problem in Kmail, not just OOo. There don't seem to be any other
24 > > problems with the characterset or keyboard, only the GBP sign.
25 >
26 > Just adding to this, the £ sign works fine on the console. It is the X
27 > applications (including terminals) that seem to have the problem with the
28 > '£' sign.
29
30 I assume you use KDE because you mention KMail. What have you set in KDE’s
31 keyboard layout (Personal -> Regional Settings)? (Or if not KDE, then in
32 $your_DE’s settingss)
33 --
34 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
35 begin signature_virus
36 Hi! I’m a signature virus.
37 Please copy me to your signature to help me spread.
38 end