From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/cron.d being ignored
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:17:05
1 >>>>> "John" == John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 John> Hi. I am using sys-process/vixie-cron-4.1-r9 and I have
4 John> discovered that the files in /etc/cron.d are not being
5 John> processed. Is this a known bug or does this version of
6 John> cron not process that directory?
7
8 Paul (Vixie) added code some time back to ignore any files that
9 are not owned by root with 0600 perms. (That also applies to
10 /etc/crontab, IIRC.)
11
12 I don't beleive the ebuild patches that out.
13
14 If that is the issue, it will show up in syslog.
15
16 -JimC (who didn't much like that change :-)
17 --
18 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list