From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] ext3 file permissions on a USB drive
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 05:36:10
1 In <20090315220009.6a701622@××××××××××××××××××.uk>,
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:16:05 -0500, »Q« wrote:
5 >
6 > > What I'd like is for all files created on the drive to have
7 > > permissions 666, but I don't see any way to override
8 > > the system umask (0022) for only this drive.
9 >
10 > If you don't want to change the system umask, and you probably don't,
11
12 I definitely don't!
13
14 > ACLs are the best way to do what you want.
15
16 I was really afraid you'd say that, heh. ACLs are on my to-learn-about
17 list, but were pretty far down it. I guess they just moved up a few
18 notches.
19
20 Seriously, thanks for the pointer. If I do decide to try that approach,
21 I'll post back hw it worked out.
24 »Q«
25 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.