From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wow, this is what I call stable! ;-)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 07:30:16
1 sdoma wrote:
2 > emerge -u says, that pam-login is blocked (blocked by shadow)...
3 > I ``emerge -C shadow'' ...... and emerge tells me, that pam-login is
4 > blocked by shadow.
5 > I unmerge pam-login, and emerge tells me, that openal is blocked by
6 > amother package ... ``emerge --pretend openal'' doesn't show any
7 > blockers. BTW, I will NOT uninstall openal.
8 >
9 > What's going on?
10
11 You only had to unmerge pam-login and update shadow. The functionality
12 of pam-login is now provided by shadow, so that the former is no longer
13 needed.
14
15 Hint: Don't logout between the unmerge and the update, or you'll be
16 locked out.
17
18 Hint 2: This question has been asked (and answered) several times on
19 this mailing list and in the forums. Please search the archives before
20 posting.
21
22 -- Remy
25 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list