From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge R
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:51:31
1 On Thursday 19 February 2009 18:58:59 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Paul Hartman
3 >
4 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
6 wrote:
7 > >> Here's one for the zen masters of portage. There is a statistical
8 > >> programming language called 'R'.
9 > >>
10 > >> http://www.r-project.org/
11 > >>
12 > >> Is it in portage? If so how do I find it without all the problems of
13 > >> weeding through 1000's of lines of useless stuff?
14 > >
15 > > dev-lang/R
16 >
17 > OK, so that depends that I know R is a language. That's probably a
18 > reasonable assumption.
19 >
20 > Is there a way to do this with emerge or eix that matches the name exactly?
21
22 # eix -e R
23 * dev-lang/R
24 Available versions: 2.7.1 2.7.2 (~)2.8.1 {X bash-completion cairo debug
25 doc java jpeg lapack minimal nls png readline tk}
26 Homepage: http://www.r-project.org/
28 and graphics
31 However, eix is normally case-insensitive. When used with -e (exact match) it
32 is case sensitive. Trawling through the enormous eix man page looking or the
33 case insensitive exact match is left as an exercise for the reader.
36 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com