From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to set package.use for layman overlays
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:43:58
1 >> I've just started to use layman tools and wondered if setting such
2 >> things as /etc/portage/package.use would still be done in that same
3 >> place and same way?
4
5 deface <deface@×××××××××××.net> writes:
6 > assuming you've got your make.conf setup appropriately, the overlay
7 > will take precisidence.
8 >
9 > PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local"
10 > PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/storage/repos/uberpenguin/trunk"
11 > source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
12
13 Sorry it must be going right over my head.
14 I don't see an answer to my question there.
15
16 How and where to set different use flags for layman as compared to
17 usr/portage?
18
19 Or lets say I set some USE flags in
20 /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
21
22 Depending on where that line:
23 `source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf'
24
25 is in /etc/make.conf it appears any USE flags set in
26 ..layman/make.conf will either possible overwrite some in
27 /etc/make.conf or the other way round.
28 And the conglomerate will be what emerge runs with.
29
30 It would also seem that /etc/portage/package.use would be global and
31 include layman... is that right?
32
33 So again, if one wanted to set some use flags differently for layman
34 packages ... where and how would that be done?
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list