From: Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Too many X modules pulled in
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:23:27
1 On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 11:56 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Fredrik Tolf wrote:
3 > > I'm not an expert with portage, but the fact that xorg-server is
4 > > indented one space from gtk+ means that gtk+ depends on it directly,
5 > > doesn't it? If so, whence does that dependency come from (it's obviously
6 > > not on the DEPEND or RDEPEND variables)?
7
8 > It's because it inherits the virtualx.eclass -- gtk+ requires an X
9 > server (Xvfb) to build. What you can do is set USE="minimal -dmx -xorg
10 > -xprint" in your package.use for xorg-server to minimize this. Also try
11 > VIDEO_CARDS="" and INPUT_DEVICES="" in make.conf.
12 >
13 > However, this only works well on xorg-server-1.1, so you will also need
14 > to add it to package.keywords.
15
16 I see... how troublesome. Well, I guess there's no choice, but would
17 anyone happen to know the reason why gtk+ requires Xvfb?
18
19 Fredrik Tolf
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list