From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I format correctly a FAT floppy?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:36:40
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:51:54 +0000 (GMT)
4 "Michael Kintzios" <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk> wrote:
5
6 > Using fdisk to check the partition table of a FAT floppy gave me this
7 > output:
8 > [...]
9
10 Just a side note here (mtools and mkfs.vfat would solve the actual
11 task): partition table of a floppy disk? well, you could create one,
12 but i guess _that_ would definately lead to a floppy not working with
13 Windows... There's usually no partition table on a floppy disc. The
14 whole device is used for one filesystem instead ("superdisc"?).
15
16 This is actually a little bit different with USB disks: Both variants
17 are common there (w/ and w/o partition table).
18
19 -hwh
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list