From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] More about hal
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:15:09
1 When I noticed the thread here about `hal' that started a while back
2 it caused me enough curiousity that i ran eix -Ic ^hal$ but found I
3 have no `hal' installed.
4
5 I have keep up with updates somewhat better than usual the last few
6 months but don't remember when hal went away... I do remember having
7 some trouble with keyboard/mouse, and hal not starting, but that was
8 quite a while back.
9
10 I don't remember making a conscious effort to get rid of hal either.
11
12 Evey thing seems to work ok here. I do notice a problem on bootup
13 where the keyboard/mouse I have attached to a KVM does not become
14 usable until AFTER the grub prompt. Somewhere between there and the
15 appearance of the login prompt it becomes usable. But that has gone
16 on at least a yr if not longer.
17
18 So is there something wrong if I have no hal installed. Is it just
19 not necessary or has it been replaced?