From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage tree from git
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:08:25
1 On Sunday 27 June 2010 12:15:50 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2
3 > is there yet a way to get the portage tree directly via git ?
4 >
5 > IMHO this should be more traffic efficient than rsync in the
6 > long run (especially when syncing often).
7
8 I sometimes wonder whether I should file a feature request on rsync, to
9 make it offer a mode in which only directories in which it does something
10 are listed on stdout. I shudder to think of the CPU cycles that are
11 wasted daily on scrolling all those directory names up the screen during
12 an emerge --sync. 21293 of them on this box today, altogether.
15 Rgds
16 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.