From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:59:14
1 On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> On 2012-06-25 1:05 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Howdy,
6 >>>
7 >>> It appears that grub2 is coming soon.
10 >> Has the Handbook/Install docs been updated to provide for installing Grub2
11 >> with a fresh install?
12 >>
13 >> I'm about to do one, and would like to not have to switch this out later...
14 >
15 > No, handbook only discusses grub (not grub2) and lilo.
16 >
17 > Which is sad; I'd love to use stuff like grub2 and {ext,sys}linux.
18 > It'd be sweet to make things more easily convertible to netboot or
19 > cdrom-boot scenarios.
20
21 We will add some instructions to the handbook when grub:2 is
22 stabilized. The docs team doesn't want to do it before then.